Monday, July 27, 2009

Blowin up on Youtbe

Lately I have been asking myself the why certain Youtube videos "blow up" and become wildly successful. I think I discovered the answer to my own question while typing this post. Lets talk about Kevin and Jill Heinz's program tossing, aisle rolling, bride rocking wedding entrance which has been seen by households around the world. You know what video I'm talking about, you've seen it, I don't need to post it.

So what is it that made this video so successfully and blow up all over the media world? The sweet Chris Brown music? No. The awesome dance moves? No (there's thousands of better dance videos on youtube). Was it those guys throwing the programs up in the air? No. (programs take a long time to make!) Maybe the sunglasses, No. (Who doesn't have a pair of stupid sunglasses? So what made this video such a huge hit?

Like Susan Boyle before them, the Heinz's wedding video is so popular because it broke the mold on what is socially exeptable. Your wedding day is a once in a lifetime event, your not supposed to run down the aisle like a fool dancing to R&B music (not to say it hasn't been done before the existence of Youtube). The Heinz's didn't care about wedding tradition, and lets face it we all loved watching them do their dance down the aisle. It's the same reason why Susan Boyle was such a hit, the world had never seen anything liker her before! There have been countless numbers of tall, beatiful, young women who have gone completely unoticed in singing competitions, but the entire world was captivated by an older Scottish women who looks nothing like your average pop superstar.

So keeping with the tradition of the Heinzs and Susan Boyles of the Youtube world I would like to share my favorite video of someone doing something I have never seen before. This Youtube video was posted around the time of the first installment of the new Transformers movie. This video hasn't exactly "blown up" and become an internet sensation but it's one of my personal favorites. Enjoy this video of Soundwave trying to function as Transformer in a world of humans.



No comments:

Post a Comment